Every eye shape is beautiful and unique in its own way. Rounded eyes are often considered naturally doe-like, as they appear wide and youthful. It’s easy to do a wide range of makeup looks on rounded eyes, as they have a noticeable crease and lots of space to work with. While sometimes you may want to accentuate your rounded eyes, other times you may fancy elongating your eyes to add some definition. Check out our favourite rounded eye makeup hacks that will define your eyes in the most stunning way.
What Are Rounded Eyes?
Rounded eyes, or round eyes, are characterized by a gentle curve along the upper and lower eyelid. This shape creates a rounded appearance, often described as wide or doe-like. The corners of rounded eyes tend to be softly curved, without any pronounced angles or points. The cornea of rounded eyes is surrounded by white all the way around, and the inner and outer corners of round eyes are rounded and not pulled inward or outward.
Wondering if you have rounded eyes? Look straight into a mirror and if you can see any white surrounding the top or bottom of the iris, you likely have rounded eyes.
Rounded eyes can be found in people of different ethnic backgrounds. They’re often associated with a youthful and innocent look, as they can create a wide-eyed expression. Another characteristic of rounded eyes is that your crease will always be noticeable or visible, which separates it from monolid or hooded eye shapes.
9 Rounded Eye Makeup Hacks
1. Use Eyeliner to Create a Wing Use eyeliner strategically to create the illusion of elongated eyes. Start by applying a thin line along the upper lash line, gradually thickening it towards the outer corner. Extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner to create a subtle wing. Avoid lining the entire lower lash line, as this can make the eyes appear smaller. Instead, focus on lining the outer two-thirds of the lower lash line for a more elongated look.
2. Create Depth with Eyeshadow (Elongate Your Eyes) Opt for eyeshadow techniques that create depth and dimension. Apply a medium-toned shade in the crease to add definition and contour to the eye shape. To make the eyes appear more elongated, apply a darker shade on the outer corner and blend it slightly upward and outward. This will create a lifting effect and give the illusion of a more elongated eye shape.
2. Centre Shimmery Shadow (Accentuate Rounded Eyes) If you want to accentuate your natural doe eyes, use a pop of shimmery shadow in the centre of the lid right above the iris. This will give the eye a nice pop and make you look more awake. Lighter colours bring forth an eye area, so by highlighting the centre, the eye will appear even wider and more open.
3. Enhance Your Round Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Lashes | Rachel OCool
Check out this makeup tutorial for rounded eyes, where she shows you some of the best tips to enhance and accentuate your eye shape. She shows you how to do your eyeshadow, liner, and lashes for a look that absolutely stuns. She uses products like the Colorpop of Quartz Eye Shadow Palette, the Maybelline Gel Studio Gel Eye Liner, and the Maybelline Falsies Mascara.
4. Don’t Forget to Highlight Use a light, shimmery eyeshadow or a highlighter on the inner corners of the eyes. This technique brightens up the area, making the eyes appear more open and awake. Applying a touch of highlighter on the brow bone can also help to lift the eyes.
5. Mascara Hacks After curling your lashes with an eyelash curler, apply mascara to both the upper and lower lashes to define and open up the eyes. Focus on lengthening and volumizing the outer lashes to create a wider-eyed effect. Wiggle the mascara wand at the base of the lashes and then sweep it upward and outward.
6. How To: Makeup for Round Eyes Tutorial | Eye Makeup Tutorial | Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Check out this tutorial for go-to techniques for playing up rounded eyes. She shows you tricks from creating a wide-eyed look to an easy way to create an almond shape if you want to switch things up. She recommends Bobbi Brown products including the Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick, the Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, and the Smokey Eye Mascara. You’ll learn how to elongate and define your eyes for a gorgeous look!
7. A Word on False Lashes If you enjoy wearing false lashes, opt for styles that are longer and more voluminous towards the outer corners. These can help create the illusion of elongated eyes. Trim the lashes to fit your eye shape and apply them as close to the natural lash line as possible.
8. Eyebrow Shaping Consider shaping your eyebrows with a slight arch, as this can help create a lifting effect on the eye area and complement the rounded eye shape. Placing a matte highlighter under the centre of your brow will accentuate roundness and play up the centre of your irises, while placing it under the arch will help elongate the eyes.
If you have rounded eyes, these makeup hacks will define and elongate your eyes for the most gorgeous look!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy these rounded eye makeup hacks? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more eye makeup tips and hacks? Make sure to follow our Beauty Board on Pinterest!