- Q: How hard is it to mix this custom True Chameleon Paint?
- A: Buy a base clear and it’s prescribed reducer (usually a 50/50 mix). Add pigments to dry mixing cup. Add reducer to dry pigments and stir in until well mixed and no pigments are left stuck on bottom of cup. Finally, add the binder element (I personally use PPG DBC-500) and stir them all together. Strain into paint gun and spray over a black base coat. You will see the chameleon color change during the first coat, but we recommend 2-3 coats.
- Q: How much True Chameleon Paint pigment will I need to paint my car?
- A: Most people will not paint the door jams and inside the hood and trunk, so 3 bags is sufficient for most cars. Add another bag for truck beds, and a bag for Engine compartments and trunks.
- Q: Will you paint my car?
- A: Paint With Pearl is not an automotive paint shop, but a distributor of high quality pigments, so…no.
- Q: Can I mix this True Chameleon Paint with a top coat glossy clear to make a 1 stage paint?
- A: Yes. This will create a glossy chameleon paint. It may not last as long as a 2 stage paint, but it can save time.
- Q: Are your pigments guaranteed against fading?
- A: Because we cannot control the environments that the paints are being applied in, and we cannot control the method of painting and the types of exposure of different cars and other items, we, like other custom automotive paint companies, cannot guarantee the pigments not to fade.
- Q: Can this pigment be mixed into other clears? What types?
- A: Yes, this True Chameleon Paint can be mixed into many clear mediums. To list a few: Fiberglass resin, Gelcoat, Water-Born clear coat, Glue, Faux Finish glaze, concrete sealer, varnish, and polyurethane clear (just to name a few).
- Q: Can I add more effects to your True Chameleon Paints?
- A: Yes. Use any Ghost pearl or Metal Flakes over the True Chameleon to create a one-of-a-kind custom paint finish. We have considered using a Black to Colorless Thermochromic as a base coat for the True Chameleons, but the risk is that the thermochromic will fade over time underneath. It may be worth a try though.
- Q: How many different colors will I see in your True Chameleon Paints?
- A: Depending on Lighting conditions, some of our Custom Paint chameleons will provide as much as 6 different colors at different angles.
Products, Pearls, Candies, Flakes, Uses, Tips, About Us, Shop Pearls, Shop Candies, Shop Flakes, Candy Color Chart